Johnson Mowat is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Johnson Mowat may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14 May 2018.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, therefore in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, hard-copy or by telephone.
What we collect
When you let us know your views and comments about a planning application by either completing a contact form on our website, emailing, writing or telephoning us. We collect the following information:
- Address, postcode;
- Email address and/or telephone number.
Why we ask for this information
- We ask for this information to help understand the impact of development proposals relative to where the respondent lives;
- To enable us to contact respondents in response to concerns raised and/or with updates regarding the planning process;
- To enable us to demonstrate to the Local Planning Authority that appropriate community involvement has taken place.
What we do with the information we gather
- Personal details will not be shared with any other third parties with the exception of our client (landowner/developer) and the Johnson Mowat project team during the review of the consultation responses in order to consider comments/views on development proposals;
- Comments/views may be included in the planning application but personal details will not be included within any publicly accessible document that we prepare;
- Personal details may be held on file for the duration of our client’s activity at the relevant site or location.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- Whenever you are asked or call us or to let us know your views/concerns about development proposals/planning applications, you will be invited to complete an on-line form, complete a paper form or email your views and provide your basic contact details such as name address, email in order that we may respond to you.
- If you do not wish your contact information to be shared with our client (landowner/developer) and the Johnson Mowat project team you must let us know in writing at the time of your contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 25th May 2018. A small fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Julie Johnson, Office manager, Johnson Mowat Planning Ltd, Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds. LS1 2TW
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.