Athelstan Court, Kearsley Road, Ripon
We wish to inform you of the intentions of Athelstan Court Ltd and Spirit 80 Ltd to submit a full planning application for much needed housing on brownfield land at Athelstan Court, Kearsley Road, Ripon.
Athelstan Court is an existing vacant office building that lies within the College Business Park. The site area is approximately 3230sqm, and has been vacant since 2013. The building is bound on 3 sides by residential development (Darnborough Gate, Fennel Grove and Sycamore Hall Care Home).
The site is accessible by walking distance to a variety of services and facilities in Ripon City Centre and is seen as a sustainable location for the residential conversion proposals. The development team are seeking to submit a full planning application for the change of use proposals consisting of the following:-
- Conversion of the existing building to create 19 apartments.
- Small extension to eastern elevation to incorporate the retained fire exit.
- Retention of existing parking area to incorporate 26 parking spaces and 19 cycle store spaces (plus two visitor cycle spaces).
- Provision of a communal garden.
- Retention of the existing access arrangements into the site.
A consultation information leaflet has been hand delivered to residents within the vicinity of the site informing them of the proposals.
A copy of the consultation leaflet can be found on the following link:-
A copy of the latest drawings and plans can be found on the following links:-
We welcome comments from the local community, there will be further opportunity to provide comments to Harrogate Borough Council once the planning application has been submitted and validated.