Land off Mount Vernon Road, Worsborough (HS24)
On behalf of Duchy Homes, we wish to inform you of the future development proposals for much needed family housing on land off Mount Vernon Road, immediately south of Mount Vernon Crescent, Worsborough, Barnsley.
The site is allocated for housing (HS24) in the Barnsley Local Plan. The principle of the residential development of the site is therefore considered acceptable by its allocation as a housing site in an adopted development plan. The proposal is situated in a sustainable location within a short walk to public transport and local facilities.
Duchy Homes are seeking to submit a Full planning application for a residential development consisting of the following:-
- 42 dwellings at a mix of 2 to 4 bed properties.
- Retention of existing hedgerows and trees.
- Landscaping across the site.
- Provision of on-site Public Open Space.
- Site access from Mount Vernon Road.
- Provision of an on-site underground water attenuation tank
- The partial retention and partial re-alignment of the boundary wall fronting Mount Vernon Road.
A leaflet was hand delivered to residents within the vicinity of the site informing them of the proposals/intentions on the 13th November 2020.
A copy of the consultation leaflet can be found on the following link:-
A copy of the Location Plan can be found on the following link:-
A copy of the latest planning layout can be found on the following link:-
We therefore welcome comments from the local community by the 4th December 2020.