Land to the South of Sandpiper Close, Whitby
Stonebridge Homes intend to submit a full planning application for the proposed residential development of 255 new homes on land opposite Whitby Business Park and to the south of Eskdale Park, Whitby.
The application site forms part of Housing Allocation HA 18 in the Scarborough Local Plan. Planning approval has already been granted on the western part of the allocation under application 21/01889/RM on behalf of Barratt David Wilson Homes.
The proposal will create a distinctive residential development which is sympathetically designed to respect the surrounding built and natural environment. Housing will compromise a mix of 1-to-5-bedroom properties varying from bungalows, detached, semi-detached and terraced to create a sustainable and mixed community meeting the local housing requirement.
Who are Stonebridge Homes?
Stonebridge Homes provide some of the best new homes in the UK. At Stonebridge, we understand that location is one of, if not the most important factor when moving home. Which is why our new housing developments in Yorkshire have been specifically chosen in some of the most sought-after areas.
All our new homes are built to the highest possible specifications, combining modern materials and building techniques with the latest technology, fixtures and fittings.
We are holding a public consultation event to show you our proposals at:
Thursday 21st July
4.30pm to 7.30pm
The event is run as a drop-in event. Please come along and see our proposals, discuss them with our development team and share your views with us. The exhibition is open to anyone with an interest in the area and our proposed development. We look forward to seeing you at the exhibition. If you are unable to attend you can review the exhibition materials below and submit your comments here.
Public Exhibition Boards
The material displayed at the Public Exhibition can be viewed below:-
What is proposed?
We would like to know your view on the initial proposals, what you think we should know about the site, the surrounding area and how these matters may influence any proposal for housing on the site.
The full application seeks planning permission for the residential development of 255 homes and associated landscaping and infrastructure works.
The scheme will include:
- A mix of house-types including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom properties at a mix of detached, semi-detached and terraced homes, including some bungalow provision.
- Provision of 30% affordable homes on site. Affordable Homes are required to be visually indistinguishable and pepper-potted throughout the scheme.
- Vehicular access is provided from Sandpiper Close and Harrier Place to the north of the site and from Stainsacre Lane through consented scheme to east.
- A variety of parking solutions can be found within the site including on plot garages, driveways and on street parking.
- A substantial landscape and informal green space ‘buffer zone’ is proposed to the southern and south western site boundary. The buffer zone provides separation between the proposed residential development and the Cinder Track to the south of the site.
- The proposals make provision for the delivery of 3.08ha of open space within the site including a network of footpaths through the scheme.
- A tree buffer is provided to the western boundary of the site with Larpool Hall to mitigate harm to the listed building.
- A surface water attenuation basin is provided within the south west to store water on site prior to discharge in times of heavy rainfall.
This Layout Plan shows how the site could be developed. We are sharing this plan as a basis for discussion and are asking people who live and/or work in the area to help us to continue to shape the proposals prior to the submission of a full planning application.
We are asking people who live and/or work in the area to help us to shape the design proposals for this site prior to the submission of a planning application.
We would like to know your views on our proposals, what you think we should know about the surrounding area and how these points may influence our proposals.
If you want to share your thoughts about the project, you can provide your comments in the comment box below and click ‘submit’.
We ask that all comments are provided by the deadline date of 5th August 2022.
Comments received after this date will be noted for consideration in a subsequent iteration, which will also respond to feedback received through the formal planning consultation process following submission.
What Happens Next?
All thoughts and suggestions received as part of this consultation will be carefully considered before a planning application is submitted to Scarborough Council. As part of the application the Council will notify local people when the application is submitted and request views on the scheme.
Thank you for your time in looking at these proposals, we look forward to receiving your comments.
Your comments are important to us. We value your views and it is our aim to incorporate your constructive feedback on our designs where possible.
Our online form is anonymous to comply with GDPR requirements so we are unable to respond to individuals.
We will update this section of the website with a summary of the comments received and we will provide a response to each matter for your information.